Getting married is one of life’s most joyful and significant events. Many people consider the best context and venue for this big day to be church. However, there are a few legal boundaries around who can get married in a parish church and they can be summarised as follows:
- If you were baptised in the parish or confirmed from the parish
- If you or any of your parents or step parents:
- lived in the parish for 6 months at any time
- or habitually worshipped in the church for 6 months at any time
- If any of your parents or grandparents were married in the parish.
The Church of England website has a useful FAQ section: www.cofe.anglican.org/lifeevents/weddings
Get in touch with Revd Leon Collyer who will be able to guide you through booking a wedding.